Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thought - Personal Practice

To this day I feel bad about a situation in which I mindlessly made a statement and hurt someone else in the process.

I repeated something someone else had said in order to be accepted by a new crowd of friends.

I am maybe being a little harsh on myself as I was very young.  

I think the lesson is valid, especially since I’ve had a lifetime of the memory of the reaction of the person whom I hurt.

That memory creeps up on me from time to time without warning and I’m left with the feeling that I could have been a better person.  I often wish I hadn’t said what I did because I truly did not feel that way.  

I simply repeated something said by another without thought.

I think this memory creeps back on me because it’s a life lesson I’m still learning.

When I make a statement or judgment to someone, how much thought have I really put into it?  Am I really prepared to stand by the statement?

It’s a question I’ve started to ask myself more and put practice into.

I find the differing perspectives of the people I interact with daily can be a bit trying.

Everyone has their perspective on subjects or other people.  

I want to have my own thoughtful opinion.

So I will practice doing just that!

Thinking and being mindful in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment