Monday, February 21, 2011

Good Thoughts - Personal Practice

It's amazing what we can do to ourselves with negative thoughts.

I found myself this past week engaged in a few conversations which I felt were very negative.

The negativity put me in a frame of mind in which I became judgmental of judgments others were casting.

What a negative spiral it became.

Everyone started stepping onto their high horse thinking there perspective was the best with regard to how others should behave or react to situations.

But it came down to each of us needing to be more thoughtful.

How we think frames our words which are spoken to others.  

The words we speak are how others view us.

But, In my experience the words spoken by someone do not always match their behavior.

So ultimately, It takes time to see how words match to one's actions. 

So when I catch myself thinking negative things about myself or others, I've started a practice of replacing that negative thought with something positive.

One positive quote I like and use often is the following:

"Every good thought you think is contributing its share to the ultimate result of your life" - Grenville Kleiser

It's amazing how having a positive mantra can make all the difference.

It can even help put you back to sleep when you wake up anxious.

I think everyone should practice good thought!

Me, I'm hoping for a life full of positive experienced surrounded by positive people.  

So, I'll I keep up with my practice of being the most positive person I can be and think good thoughts!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment