Thursday, June 18, 2009

A White Lie - Personal Practice

What have I got to loose?  This is the thought that has been coming to mind for me often lately.  When faced with a challenge or feeling, I’ve thought to myself; what have I got to loose?

I have lost something.  I’ve found that I’ve lost control. 

When I say “control”, I mean the type of control in which you feel you can not function unless you have every moment pre-planned, the type of control in which you anticipate the whole day before you get out of bed in the morning and if there is a variance in the plan you feel stressed. 

With this, my practice has been to be open to new experiences and emotions.  I’ve let myself be open, sharing, and communicative.  In doing so I’ve simply lost a lot of my control.

The interesting thing is I’ve had new experiences and feelings I haven’t had or felt before.  I’ve found that I’m excited and scared.  Both of which are emotions I have not let myself feel in a long time.

My days are not as scheduled and structured.  I don’t feel as stressed with the lack of structure.

I’m letting myself live.  

All this by simply stating to myself; what have I got to loose?

I’m the type of person who normally would wait for something good to come to me in a relationship instead of taking a chance and put myself out there.  Which in my thought process of “what have I got to loose?” got me to thinking about those who do take the chance and risk feeling silly or being rejected.  I then thought to myself; why not?  I’ll ask the questions I want answers to.  What’s the worst that could happen?  I don’t get the answer I want?  

What a rewarding experience it is to be risky with your emotions!

However, I can honestly say the fear can be so emotionally shaking as well.  But, what a wonderful way to live!  With emotion and feelings and adventure in the unknown!

I highly recommend asking yourself “what have I got to loose?” and jumping with both feet in to an experience

The rewards, even if you come out on the other end a little battered and bruised, you embraced the journey and lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment