Thursday, May 6, 2010

Awareness - Personal Practice

I took a break this past weekend.  I did nothing I normally would.  I literally sat around next to a pool, read, wrote, ate and socialized with old friends and new friends.

It was GREAT!!!

I needed that time away from my life.  I called it poolside therapy as I wrote in my journal.

I knew I needed to get away and gain perspective.  To listen to my heart and speak my mind.  

I was also lucky that I had people to listen to me rant along.

At the end of my short vacation I gained a clarity and awareness about my life I could not see while living my life day to day.

I was able to articulate feelings and thoughts much more clearly by the end of the get away.

I could see myself.  What I want.  What I need.  Also, what I will not tolerate.

Specifically I will not tolerate feeling anxious or unhappy.  I will not tolerate letting myself perpetuate negative thoughts.

I clearly can see now where I need to communicate more effectively and where I need to focus my practice on the positive.

Allowing myself to rest, allowed me to clear my mind and gain some honesty with myself.

In being honest with myself, I've been able to be honest with others and find a closer connection.

Self awareness is wonderful!  Everyone should practice it!

I know I'm going to continue with Awareness.  Practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment