Thursday, March 31, 2011

I CAN - Personal Practice

I feel limitless!

I feel this way because of simply replacing a couple of negatives with positives.

Instead of saying to myself, I can't...I reminded myself that I CAN.

The words "I can't" were something that just flew off my tung.  I don't know how these became part of my vocabulary.  But, the fact that these words were part of my vocabulary was unacceptable!

While giving my best go at a new sport, I found myself saying to a friend "I can't".  The response from my friend was "YOU CAN DO THIS!  It's all in your head."

I could not argue with this logic, because I physically could do the activity, I just found myself paralyzed by fear.

So I decided to say to myself "I CAN!", talked myself through some scary parts and then succeeded!

It was that simple!  I just had to say "I CAN!" 

I've been practicing this and I'm happy to report it works on a multitude of things!  

Moving forward with a repertoire of positive words, along with a passion to stay positive and refrain from letting fear get in my way is how I plan to keep momentum on my "I CAN" attitude.

I hope you choose an "I CAN" attitude too!

No comments:

Post a Comment