Thursday, March 19, 2009

Judgment - Personal Practice

I was asked a question that threw me for a loop.  The question was “What do you find fun?”  

This got me to thinking about all the things I do that I do not find fun.  I then had to question why I do them.  

The answer was usually commitment.  The commitment could be a task at work I don’t enjoy, or it could be some task that will be beneficial in the long run and worth the lack of enjoyment to get to the benefit. 

However I did find sometimes I do things that are not fun or rewarding and I don’t have to do them, but I do anyway.  This was a tough realization.

This question has opened a new chapter for me in life.  I see some learned or patterned behavior in the reasoning behind doing things I do not enjoy.

The awareness of this is challenging.  I find myself now doing things I don’t have to that I don’t enjoy, but I’m aware that I’m doing it and not enjoying it.  

This awareness is making all the difference!

I believe in time with practicing awareness in the activities I do not enjoy.  The ones I don’t have to do.  I will cease to do the activities.  

I’ll find room in life for more of the activities I do enjoy.  Or better yet, new activities that I’ll enjoy!

So here’s to enjoying the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment