Thursday, July 2, 2009

Comfort - Personal Practice

I was in search of guidance this past week and found it around every corner.

I have known for sometime, but had to acknowledge once again, that I can not control every aspect of my life.  

I can not make others do or be as I wish.  

I can not force outcomes.

I need to let life take its course.

At the same time, I need to recognize the intentions I set for myself.

These intentions of mine have focus and I know what I want with absolute certainty.  This is all part of my practice

Now that the intentions are reality I have been faced with taking responsibility for what I asked for.

When I started to talk about my intentions with others and explain my inner most thoughts with those close to me, they knew I was struggling based on old behavior patterns.

I received a consistent response from each person; “do not let yourself get in the way”!

These individuals have intimate knowledge of me and of how I can overanalyze and create problems for myself.  Basically psych myself out!

What a thing to practice!  Refraining from self sabotage!

I am refraining!  

I needed to hear the voices of those I trust tell me to refrain.  

I asked for help and help came!

The help made all the difference in my practice of being the best I can be in this adventurous journey!

When in doubt of your intentions and you find yourself noticing the mind wander to old comfortable patterns, ask for help.  

It will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment