Thursday, July 16, 2009

Moving On - Personal Practice

I let a friend down this last week.  I agreed to something that seemed insignificant to my day to day life months ago without expecting my life would change.  

I had been in a routine for so long and those around me knew of the transitions I wanted to make in my life.  The thing was that I had been talking about these transitions for so long without any progress that those closest to me didn’t think it would really happen.

It did!  I put my attention on one of my intentions and it changed my life, but inconvenienced others in my life.

The challenge was in sharing the transition and how important it has been to make the transition for my personal growth.  I was faced with moving on and letting go of my past routines and how this friend fit into those routines.

I was so excited for the transition, but I hadn’t realized how painful moving on could be for me and those closest to me.  It was awkward and uncomfortable.  The certainty I and my friend once had with our relationship was now gone.

This is all part of moving on.

The question I had to ask myself during the pain of realizing my other relationship would never be the same was is it worth it and do I want this transition?  The answer was, YES!  

I wanted this transition and had put the effort forth for it.  

With communication and some time to think about the change in the relationship I grew more comfortable and my friend became happy for me.  It didn’t happen overnight, but a true friend will understand and be a champion for any intention you set forth.

I think you have to jump in feet first with any intention.  The details will work themselves out.  You will find joy and pain in life.  Its how you choose to deal with it that makes the difference.

Communication will solve the issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment