Thursday, August 19, 2010

Courageous - Personal Practice

I decided a long time ago what I need and want out of life.  

I've been driven and dedicated to my ideal life.  

I found I've been working very hard toward something, thinking that I just needed to keep working harder to obtain my ideal.

I kept focused on my needs and wants.  I ignored my gut when it was telling me something wasn't right because I believed in all the hard work I was doing.

Then I took some time to look up from my hard work and look around me.

Unfortunately, I discovered I wasn't being compensated for all my hard work.

I actually discovered I was being taken advantage of and all that hard work was unappreciated.

Well, this discovery was a bummer!

Upon discovery of this I wondered whether I have the courage to move away from what I had been working on.  Then I wondered whether I have the courage to move forward with my wants and needs after I move on.

I do!  I have the courage it takes to believe in my dreams, ideals, and goals!

However, I'd be lying if I didn't make note that I'm not doing it alone.  

It never ceases to amaze me how giving others are.  

When I've been fearful and feeling alone it's taken a lot of courage to ignore my ego, pick up the phone, call a friend or a family member for help, explain that everything is not as great as I had portrayed it to be, and ask for support.  Upon request, friends and family have always given their love and support.

Thank goodness this is still the case!

I think the reason I receive that love and support is because I do try to live by the golden rule; Do unto others as you'd have done to you.

When living with an open and giving heart, I think it's easier to notice one's ego.  Ego can be pretty powerful, it tries to convince you that you are alone.  

It's taken a lot of practice to refrain from listening to my ego.  Which if allowed to run wild, my ego can be BIG!

I'm glad to see I still have the courage to believe in me and believe in living the best life possible.

Though, I think next time I work with someone toward shared dreams, ideals and goals I'll be a little more patient and expect they too live by the golden rule.

I'm feeling pretty Courageous!

No comments:

Post a Comment