Thursday, August 26, 2010

Instinct - Personal Practice

In reflection of this past week I noticed a common theme in my life.  I'm a really hard worker!  

I will make myself crazy working on something that isn't right.

Essentially, I fail to listen to my instincts in negative situations.

The unfortunate thing about this is that I have promised myself multiple times in the past that I would listen to my instincts going forward.

But once in the thick of a situation I find myself second guessing.

I find that I think I can work hard at something and make it work rather than start over.

I feel that I should try harder, which basically means I'm second guessing my gut instinct.

I think that's part of being a hard worker, you want so badly for something that you've participated in to work even though it just doesn't.

The tough part about all this is that you need to untwine yourself from the negative situation.  It's an unfortunate and necessary step that must be taken to get yourself back to a positive place with life.

Possibly that's why I've found myself working hard at something I know is not positive, because I don't want to face the hurt or hurt others.

There's so many reasons why I haven't listened to my gut instinct, but I have to admit the biggest reason is not wanting to face the pain of removing myself from a negative situation.

Separating myself from a negative situation, I have a sense of loss.  Which is remarkable because I'm choosing to live a more positive and happy life by removing myself from the negative.

My practice is to commit to acknowledging that feeling that tells me I need to listen more closely to my subconscious, my instincts.  I need to listen to those thoughts that arise and are accompanied by a tight feeling in my belly and chest.

So, off I go to live life and practice more positive experiences.

I will listen more closely to my instincts!

No comments:

Post a Comment