Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mood - Personal Practice

My moods have ruled me this past week.

I found myself behaving poorly because I was in a bad mood.

I knew I was in a bad mood so I started talking to myself about my poor attitude.  I thought to myself, gosh I am behaving poorly and this is not the person I want to be.  

But...I kept on with my bad mood.

When I finally snapped out of my bad mood I was right back to my normal happy self, but then a couple days later I was impacted by another person's mood.

I found myself attaching to the other person's poor mood and I even started coming up with my own list of things to be in a bad mood about.  

I took my mood so far as to get stressed and uptight about little things.  I also let my mood take me to the future and all the "got to" and "have to" things I envision for my life and completely stressed myself out.

I've been practicing talking myself into a better mood, but it's been a challenge.

The tough part about this mood of mine is that it's my choice.  I have no one to blame for my mood but me.  I'm the one who chooses to...

* Eat sugar and get anxious and grouchy.

* Hold a grudge when another is extending a truce.

* Attach to another person's negative mood.

* Think negatively instead of positively.

No one does this to me.  I do it to myself.

It's ALL ME!

Moods are one of those things I think we all have to practice in life.  It's not something you master and then you are done with it.  

Unless of course you are a Super Human Being!  Which I usually like to think I am, but obviously am not!

I guess the best thing to do to find or keep a positive mood is to put a smile on my face as much as possible, dance as often as I can, listen to happy music, think about the wonderful people in my life, and reflect back on positive memories. 

Today I choose to be in a good mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment