Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Don't Know? Yes You Do! - Personal Practice

This week has been very interesting.  It was recommended to me in my practice that I was ready to take the next steps in my journey which would allow me to grow as a person the way I want to.

I have wanted personal growth in so many areas of my life and have been trying to reach my goals, but I haven’t been ready to let go of my past.

Last year, 2008, was supposed to be the “Year of No More of the same”!  

In many ways it was not, but upon closure of last year and the steps I’ve taken in my practice this past week, I see that I did so many things the same.  

I thought I was making progress and I see now that I had to believe I was as that is what brought me to this acceptance of myself as I am.  

The truth however has proved that I fell into some patterns that I was trying to break free of, and have been trying to break free of for years.

When I followed my intuition, MY GUT, that’s when it all happened.  I listened to my inner voice and let go.  I wouldn’t let others deter me from my intention.  I had to sit painfully with myself and practice letting go.  I had to accept guidance and support from others that I didn’t want to take the time to do.  This has been and continues to be uncomfortable for me.  I’m committed though!  I want to be the change that I wish to see in myself so that I can be a better person for myself and ultimately to others.

I have work to do, but I believe in my intentions.  I can break free of these patterns!

I am lonely, but I know it’s my patterns that lend me to “think” I’m lonely.  I am not, I have me and I’m great company!  I will not be fooled by the thoughts that accompany the desire to fall into old patterns.

You can guess at what my lesson has been for me this past week, but I am purposefully not saying exactly what I have been working on because I think this message may speak to you.  Possibly you have your own specific pattern you are working on breaking, but while you do so you refuse to let go of your past and ignore your intuition.  

I say let go.  I say listen to your gut.  It’s painful, but working through the pain will bring you reward in your journey.  You are worth it!

Follow your Intuition!

No comments:

Post a Comment