Thursday, January 8, 2009

You Do Not Control Your Fate! - Personal Practice

Each week I find myself wondering what lesson have I learned?  What is it that I have been tested on or what blessing have I received?  What is the thing that is most prevalent in my life this week that stands out above all else?

I found myself this week looking at my friendships and the fact that I do not control others or how they react to circumstance.  

When I ponder this past week of my life I realize I had to put into practice and contemplate the following:

Friendship takes work.  Friendships that prove to weather the tests of good and bad times are true friendships.

It’s easy to call a person friend.  It’s a completely different thing to actually be a friend.

In desperation for approval and belonging I have tried too hard to make a friendship work.

I have judged myself by the standards of some friendships in my life.  I recognize that try as we do to be an individual we are human and can’t help but be drawn into the energy of those around us. It takes practice to surround your-self with positive friendships and strength to walk away from negative friendships.

As I continue to practice fully living my journey, I know I will be challenged and I will find myself in relationships that turn out to be negative and I will need to walk away.  I always have a choice in this journey and it’s my choice who I call friend.

So I say, choose positive relationships!

No comments:

Post a Comment