Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let It Go-To Let In - Personal Practice

This past week has been one of true discovery for me.  I took a chance and opened myself up to a new community of people and found the life experience and knowledge they are sharing with me has given me so much insight into myself.

I’m amazed at how complex a person I am, as I’m sure we all are!

I have been reminded that there is always a reason for our behavior.  Actions we take in our day to day lives are based on a spectrum of life experiences that are only truly known to us personally.  

I was adamantly told by a stranger that I needed to try something different.  I desperately did not want the inconvenience of stepping out of my comfortable routine I created for myself.  Really more like my comfortable “patterns”.  

However, as painful as it was and inconvenient to stepped out and have now found myself in a growth stage of my life that has been long overdue.  

I knew I needed growth like this for sometime, I knew I was stuck in a pattern of behavior I needed to change, I didn’t know how.  

You see, I was in the forest and couldn’t see through the trees.  As I stopped to rest and regained my sense of direction I noticed the light and followed it to the edge of the forest.  

I’m at the edge now.  I know I’m not in the clear, but I’m so happy to be out of the thick of the forest.  I don’t mind hanging out on the forest edge for a while.

I was reminded this past week that when we take the time to share our experiences with others it helps us to grow as individuals and as communities.

I say a Big Thank You to this community of people!  

I say to you; a simple life story you share may mean the world to another person and change their lives forever.  Saying out loud your own story may help you to let go of a past that no longer serves you and open doors to let new experiences in.  So, by all means please share your experiences as they are truly meaningful!

Set an Intention!

No comments:

Post a Comment