Thursday, January 29, 2009

Perfection - Personal Practice

I’m in the Clear! 

That’s how I feel after last week.  I was so “fuzzy” with my thoughts and couldn’t get a coherent sentence out when talking with my friends and family.

Then my buttons were pushed by a family member.  This person new just the right thing to say to make me purge myself from all the negative thoughts I’d been having.

“How are you going to get what you want?”

I’ve been talking about all the things I want for my life and at the same time feeling sorry for myself that I don’t have them.  I listed these things out as goals for myself.

But I missed the important step in reaching these goals.  The “how”!

What was my plan to reach “my” goals?

I have spent countless hours and days of my life helping others to reach their goals.  I have plans outlined with detailed steps to help others accomplish their goals.  

I was “fuzzy” with my own because I was still in the forest and could not see the flaws in my own plan.

My practice this week has been to recognize and accept that an objective opinion can make all the difference and help you to move into the clear.  

Don’t get me wrong.  I’m still standing close to the forest.  However, I really don’t want to walk back in.  So I sought out help to push me into the clearing.

Now the real work begins for me.  I am to state what I want and list out my steps to accomplish it!

Set an Intention!

No comments:

Post a Comment