Thursday, September 24, 2009

Perspective! - Personal Practice

I know how I see life!

I’m clear on what my journey has been and my experience and intuition guide me!

Then I take a step back and notice that my behavior and my decisions when faced with choice are guided by perspective.  My Perspective!

How do I open up and allow a new perspective?  There are infinite possibilities when faced with choice and I let my emotions get all tangled up in the direction I’m taking based on past lessons.

So, I decide to listen to new perspectives.  I decide to take time to really listen and not interrupt others, even thought I want to interrupt.  I want to interrupt because I have perspective and experience to share that might help someone else.

But I’m trying to learn something new!  I’m trying to quite my mind and listen.  I find it very hard!  My ego is shouting to me that “I know best!”

Still I stop.  I regroup and remind myself I’m practicing listening to others.

I’m working on opening my mind to something new.  I’m working on the possibility of gaining new insight and a new approach to an old challenge.

I value the people I’ve asked for a new perspective from in the past.  And I find that they have begun to “know me” and may be feeding me information they “think” I want to hear.  So I seek out people I respect that I have not asked for perspective from in the past.  I listen to what they think.

I’m challenging myself to try something new and to allow new opportunities for my life.

I find my brain almost hurts with the influx of new thoughts and I struggle to let go of the definitions I have of myself and the definitions I let others use to describe me.

I’m trying to open up and it’s difficult.

I take one day at a time and encourage myself to continue with the practice of gaining new perspectives!

No comments:

Post a Comment