Thursday, September 3, 2009

Talk About It! - Personal Practice

I found my mind wondering with all the “if this, then that” scenarios of life. 

I’d been trying to play out every situation and how it will most likely end in the long term to ensure I know where I stand.

I use to do this without talking about how I feel about specific “things” with others in my life.  

Now I recognize this behavior and I’m practicing opening up and communicating.

I’d found myself a bit lost and uncertain because I’d been trying to find control around something I have no control over.  

I’ve recognized that I’m creating my own issues with lack of communication.  

I am asking myself to live in the moment and let go of the control and the fear of the unknown.  I’m asking myself to refrain from recreating past scenarios and let this one play out as it is unique.

I’m writing my concerns down and giving myself time to think about them.

I’m writing my goals down and making adjustments as I see fit.  It’s been a while since I last did this.  I’m giving myself time to do this and think about it.

I’m reminding myself that change is something I can count on and I can embrace it and accept that it may be a bit uncomfortable.

I’m being gentle on myself by reminding myself that I don’t have to have all the answers now.

I’m taking a hard look at myself and my behavior now, my past behavior, and reminding myself that no one is perfect and I can relate to the “perfectly human imperfections” in others.

I am asking myself the hard questions to clarify what is truly important in life.

I am reminding myself that each moment is special and should be treated so.  Even the moments I don’t like so much I’m working to find peace in.

I am practicing acceptance of myself and others.

I am communicating, even if it is only with myself to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment