Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sharing - Personal Practice

Opening up and letting someone else know my deepest thoughts can be terrifying!

Sharing all that I hope for in life has been something I reserve for discussions in which I pose as someone sharing the “wouldn’t it be cool if” mentality.  This way I had an out if the other person I shared with thought my hopes were silly.

I started to realize I was doing this.  I was protecting myself.  

I noticed I had no voice when it came to expressing my hearts desires for my life.

But how was I going to change this?  How was I going to start sharing and believing in my dreams?

I had to get clarity.  I had to practice saying out loud what I wanted with people I trust.

I felt silly, but I kept doing it!  I kept practicing!

Then sharing started to come easier and easier with people that had known me for a long time.

Now the challenge was getting my voice to share with those who have not known me.

This added a new element to believing in me and my dreams.

I decided to take a chance and start being vocal about what I want out of life.

I’m amazed at how receptive people are!

The challenge for me now is to continue to express myself, even though I’m still stumbling.  I’m getting used to sharing.  It’s still a challenge and I believe will continue to be for a little while longer.

I have time.  I have lots of time to practice sharing what I want out of life.

I just need to Practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment