Thursday, May 7, 2009

Focus - Personal Practice

It’s so easy to get ahead of yourself when making lists and planning, or anticipating an outcome on a goal you have.

I’ve noticed in others the desire to talk about goals and I have found it very interesting the lack of follow through on all this “talk”.

For so many years of my life I have endeavored to refrain from being a “talker”.  If I say I’m going to do something I like to follow through, and I do! 

Recently though I’ve noticed the benefit of talking about a goal and allowing myself to take it a bit slower in arriving to the completion of the goal.  

I think I’ll still arrive at my goals.  However, I’ve refrained from putting the goal on a list in an unyielding priority fashion.  I’ve allowed myself to “stop and smell the flowers along the way”.

In slowing down my ambitions a little on my “top” priority list of goals, I’ve allowed myself to be more in the moment and see progression on other goals. 

These other goals I’ve had for myself have not been at the top of my priority list, but they are getting a renewed attention and my life is more enriched.  

Which makes me wonder why they were not a priority to me before?  

I think it was because I felt I needed to achieve one goal before I was worthy to achieve the next.

Refraining from putting so much of my energy into one goal at a time and taking a look at the bigger picture of my life and the things I’d like to achieve has allowed me to enjoy the journey all that much more.

Allowing myself to feel worthy of all my goals has been a practice I took on with fear and uncertainty.  

I’m glad I did!

So to those who I have viewed as “talkers”, I apologize!  

I just needed to “Get a Life” and “Stop Being Afraid”!

No comments:

Post a Comment