Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happiness - Personal Practice

As anyone can imagine and most likely have experienced, going back to work after a vacation can be an inconvenience.

Granted you hopefully had time to do some things you wanted during a vacation, and can be a bit refreshed when you return to work.  However, the vacation most likely did not seem long enough.

Upon return to work after a recent vacation I felt refreshed, but also wished I’d had a longer vacation.  I had some conflicting thoughts about the day to day tasks I would be stepping back into.  

Then I remembered to step back into my practice of life.  I remembered that every thought is a choice.  Every experience is meant to be lived. 

So I decided to practice happiness!

Practicing happiness is hard work!

When I found myself in a thought process that I felt may be taking me down a negative path, I reminded myself that I’m practicing happiness.

When I started to doubt myself and my choices, I reminded myself that I’m practicing happiness.

You know what?  It works!

I found myself in some old negative thought processes.  When I caught myself doing this and acknowledged it could only lead me down a path of discontent and unhappiness.  I decided to change my thoughts.

I decided past experience does not necessarily mean it will be repeated and I can at anytime choose to allow the moment to be its own and practice enjoying the moment.

I can choose to be happy.  

And I choose to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment