Thursday, May 14, 2009

Force - Personal Practice

Taking a break from the normal day to day activities of life can be so refreshing!

For the first time ever I took a vacation without plans to do something with someone else.  

I originally had all these plans to finish projects and to start new projects because I thought I might get board.  I did not get board!

As I took a step back and relaxed, I realized how much fun it is to do whatever I wanted.  

I practiced enjoying the moment!  Truthfully, It Was Hard!

I found myself feeling guilty at first.  I wasn’t being as productive as I thought I should be.  

At first I did do some chores around the house that had been plaguing me to obtain a sense of accomplishment.  Then I decided to practice “letting go” if I started to feel stressed when I hadn’t accomplished all I wanted to.

I reminded myself how important it is to be in the now and enjoy my journey.

I recognized how important it is that I allow time for myself.  

With each reminder to myself I was revitalized and excited to be in the moment.

In practice, I allowed myself to try some new things that I would have thought impacting to a routine previously.  I might even have been stressed at the thought of an impact to my routine.  And as a result of “letting go” I felt alive and full of joy!

This vacation reminded me that practice doesn’t always mean you need to accomplish something, it may mean that you let yourself not accomplish something.

So, I recommend everyone take a vacation without plans.  Set an intention to do something out of the ordinary.

See where it takes you!

No comments:

Post a Comment