Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ask! - Personal Practice

I’ve been afraid to say out loud what I really want.

Why?

It goes back to interpretation of what I “should” want.  What I have felt would define happiness.

It has felt silly to look myself in the mirror and say what I want out loud.

I find it stressful and I’m uneasy with the process.

I’m working on getting certain and confident with myself.  So I practice sitting in front of the mirror and looking myself in the eye’s while I make the request out loud as to what I really want out of life.

I ask for a life that is contrary to expectation or what I’m capable of achieving if I stay in and on my current path.

I’m afraid to let go of what I know as my life to this point.

I want something different and I know this deep within.

I continue to play with what I ask and how I ask for it.

Until it feels right I know I won’t get what I’m asking for.

I know every time I suffer a disappointment for not receiving what I asked for, it’s because it wasn’t right.  I didn’t really want it.  I just thought I did because of my preconceptions.  

So I practice letting go of what I did not get and focus on getting certain about what I want.

I continue to practice asking.

I simply ASK!

No comments:

Post a Comment