Thursday, October 1, 2009

Challenge! - Personal Practice

Challenges!  

How come I’m always being faced with new challenges?!

Every time I think I make headway on something I’ve been working on, a new twist is introduced and I’m challenged “Again”!

I get all emotional about the challenge and then I take a step back.  I calm down.

I realize that I’m all worked up because the challenge is something new and unknown.  I don’t know how I’m going to go about meeting the challenge.  It’s unnerving and scary and that’s why I’ve gotten myself all worked up!

That’s the hard part of any challenge.  How you approach it.

So once again I’m back to practicing.  I’m aware and I noticed that I have a new challenge with unknowns and it’s up to me to ask for help.  It’s up to me to recognize that I do not have all the answers and that’s what makes a challenge fun!

Now I take on a new perspective.  I stop trying to force the challenge to fit something I know and accept that I must take the approach of student.  I believe I can do it!  I can take this challenge and learn from it.

I don’t know how the outcome will look when I finish.

Now the challenge becomes something exciting because of the unknown!

I can take the approach that I’m forced to get creative, or I can allow myself to be creative and enjoy the creativity of meeting my new challenge.

I choose to be creative!  I choose to explore options!  I choose to use my intuition!  I choose to take the opportunity to learn! 

I’m taking the challenge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment