Thursday, October 29, 2009

Alignment - Personal Practice

When I think of alignment I usually think of my posture or something physical.

It wasn’t until recently that I started to think of alignment as something to find with someone else.

I went through the exercise of looking at my goals and values and placing priority on them.  I then took a look at the goals and values of someone in my life to see how we aligned.  It was interesting to see how similar we are.

It was also interesting to recognize that we need to make some adjustments to find a balance and compromise in our communication with one another.  

It’s been challenging to see where I needed to open up and be honest and vocal about what is important to me.  To clearly state what I want.

I’ve done this.  Now it’s time to begin the exciting work of compromise and opening myself up to something new that I hadn’t thought of for myself.  To see what I can do that is completely different from my expectations and be accepting of the changes.

I also will be facing the realization that some adjustments will not be made.  I will need to accept myself for who I am, faults and all, and be okay with that status quo.  I think this will be the most challenging.  Wanting to compromise to make someone else happy, but recognize that I can not compromise as if I do so I will compromise myself.

In relationships with others it’s important to recognize who you are and be honest about it and to also give that same courtesy to others.

It is not my intention to change for the sake of compromise, but to grow and meet my goals and to be accepting of a different path to my goals.  

It is my intention to allow others to participate in my life and share in the excitement of my journey and for them to do the same for me.

I know I will want my own way.  I will want others to bend to my will.  I will have visions and expect them to follow in my outlined path.  

I will practice to keep myself from being so selfish and allow others to be themselves.

I will ask others to respect me and my goals and values along the way and I will do the same for them.

I will recognize when a new path in the journey can be taken.

This is going to be an interesting practice in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment