Thursday, January 7, 2010

As You Are - Personal Practice

I have been struggling to outline my goals and intentions.

I had clearly outlined direction for myself in the past and wanted to do the same again.  

My issue, I’ve been trying too hard! 

I want everything to look as good to me as it did the last time I practiced this exercise.  

I want to have all my goals reached now!  Rush, rush, rush!

Then I took a couple of classes with different teachers and I received messages that are so relevant to me in the present.

The first message, be patient with myself to accept myself and to be kind to myself.  

I started to think I really need to be in this moment, as I am.  There is nothing more or less to define me than this moment.  If I take it one step at a time I will find and reach my goals.  I do not have to force something onto myself just because it sounds good.

The second message was a reminder to be kind and be of service to others and I will receive.  

I started to think how fortunate I truly am.  I identified some of my demanding behavior of recent weeks in order to find my intentions and realized I had been less than giving to others.  I saw some of my behavior as ego driven or demanding of equality.  I decided I needed to embrace this lesson and remember that to be of service and to give to others without expectation of return is what it means to truly be a giving person.

So I melded the lessons and found a direction to be, as I am.

I may not be able to let go of all ego driven behavior or have lesser expectations, but I can practice to accept them.  

With acceptance as I am, I have seen I recognize my emotions and behavior more easily.  

It’s a practice.  I practice to accept who I am and my journey.

With small adjustments and patience I will achieve those changes I envision for myself.

Right now, I will be as I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment