Thursday, January 21, 2010

Leap - Personal Practice

I have wanted to make some changes in my life for some time now.  Drastic changes!

I couldn’t bring myself to do it.  

I have been so attached to the way I live my life and have been living it for a long time.

Then I slowly started to notice changes in my personality and how I was living my life that lead me down a path I had been on before.  Deeply entrenched in a way of living I wanted so badly to escape and had almost accomplished it once.

By “a path I had been on before” I mean that I started to find ways to “Band-Aid” my life.  I felt that I could persevere through this or that by fixing it with a “Band-Aid”.  For example; a new house, new friends, a new car, a new eating routine, or a new exercise routine.  And the list goes on.

It’s empowering and exciting to think of a “Band-Aid”.  If you are like me you start to think how that is going to make you happy and make the things you are having difficulty with easier to bear.

Years ago I took a break from this way of thinking.  I tried to stop “Band-Aiding” my life.  It worked for a while, but then I found myself getting scared of the change in life-style and subtly started the process of adding the “Band-Aid’s” again.  I did this until I was right back on the path I had been down before.

This week has been different!  I took a leap!  

I decided to make a drastic change.  But I do not take this change lightly.  My challenge is to take a new attitude and to take personal responsibility for myself and my attitude toward life.  

This means I will be more aware of the “Band-Aid’s” I try to add to my life.  I will practice being responsible for my happiness from within.  I am my house.  I am my mode of transportation.  I am what I eat.  I am responsible for my health.  I am my best friend!

All the things I look to fix my life, I will stop and ask myself if I have it within first.  I will ask myself if I need the external “Band-Aid” or if I can “Self Heal”.

This I know will not be easy.  I want this change.  I will own responsibility on this journey.

I’m glad I took the Leap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment