Thursday, July 1, 2010

Significant - Personal Practice

I recently found myself a bit stressed out.  I felt I wasn't moving fast enough on a project that I felt would add significance to my life.

I found myself feeling a bit small and wondering what my purpose in life would be if I fail at my project.

Then I started to reflect back on things that I have accomplished that made a difference in my life or the lives of others.  

This was all well and good, but what was and is really significant in reflection of these "things / deeds" are the relationships cultivated.

I know that my smile and laughter is something others comment on often.  I've been told by strangers to do both more!

These simple acts in themselves are significant!

Some of my simple favorite deeds I receive from others are the feel of a smile being returned or someone's laughter that brightened my day.

What a great feeling it is to be talking to someone who has a smile on their face or in their voice!

Each moment we all have an opportunity to brighten our day or the day of someone else with simple gestures.  

It's a practice to smile when you don't feel like it, but when we remember the impact of something so small we can feel true significance in our existence.

So, I'll keep doing what I have been doing all along.  

I'll smile big and laugh as often as I can!  It's part of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment