Thursday, April 2, 2009

Acceptance - Personal Practice

I received a very inspirational lesson this week from a yoga teacher who has just begun her journey of inspiring others.  I went into the class knowing that she wasn’t as experienced and even hesitated initially at going because I didn’t know what type of class I would be receiving.  

What a great decision to step out of the “known” and into something “new”!

So she ended up giving me two lessons.  

The first is one I need to be reminded of every so often, and that is to “try something new”.  I realize new doesn’t always mean it will be pleasant, but if I don’t take the chance how will I know?

The second was to “Put my attention onto the things I want to see grow and expand in my life”.

The second lesson was extremely inspirational as I started to think about the goals and intentions I have set for myself and how I’d like to see myself achieve them.

I went straight home and wrote the following to myself on a piece of paper:

“What Intentions will Grow Today with your Attention?”

I then drew a tree on that same piece of paper and off from the branches I listed the Intentions I have for myself.

I have posted that piece of paper on my Intention Mirror.  The Intention Mirror is in my bathroom.  I look at my intentions each day and know I have set standards and goals for my life that I want to be constantly reminded of until I master the practice of them so they become easier for me each day.

Now I have a new way of looking at those same intentions.  I think of how I will water them to grow in my life with “attention”!

Where will you put your attention today?

No comments:

Post a Comment