Thursday, April 9, 2009

Are You Ready? - Personal Practice

Ironically enough my lesson this week came in the form of my own manipulative behavior.  

I found myself wanting something that I wasn’t getting so much that I lashed out negatively to the person I expected the something from. This was an attempt to make it happen faster by making them feel bad.

When I did this I instantly regretted it.

If we ask for something from someone and do not get it, we may ask again.  

Then if we still do not get it, we may ask again.  

We might even ask the question “am I not going to get it” even though we may have received the commitment that we would.  Then we might receive confirmation again it’s on its way.  Then still not get it.

You may ask yourself, should I give up on this?  

I guess it’s a judgment call.  In my case I’ll continue to ask.  

However I realize I do not control others and being manipulative or lashing out does not help to get me what I want faster.

Communicating with others is simply stating what you want or need and accepting their response to your request.

So this week I remind myself that staying open and communicative is the way I want to live my life.  I also remind myself that others do not do things the way I would do them and that is okay.  

I will continue to practice being patient.  I will continue to practice being honest and open with what is on my mind.

I will allow others to do things as they will and not try to force my will.

I can be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment