Thursday, April 21, 2011

Make It The Life You Always Wanted! - Personal Practice

Why is it that most of us deny ourselves what we truly want?

We make excuses for not doing what we really want to do.

We dwell on our routines and tell ourselves that if we step out of them we may not be our best selves for the upcoming day, but in the back of our minds there is this vision we each have, it's who we truly are and how we see ourselves living our lives.

The vision we have of ourselves is the bits and pieces of what make up the best of us.

Recently I've found myself thinking about my life and all the things I thought I'd have accomplished by now.

But the funny thing is, many of the things I thought I'd have accomplished are not the things I truly want.  They are things I thought I should want.  They are things that do not match my vision of myself.  

The vision I have formulated along the way of the ideal way to live my life, is better than the things I use to think I needed.

Which raises the question of why it's so hard to be honest with yourself and what you truly want.

I've been practicing saying to myself what I want, and it's not easy!  Some days are harder than others as I do tend to let myself get sidetracked by all the so called "shinny" things.  That's why it's a practice I guess.  

So a good mantra is to remind myself to go out into the world and make my life the one I've always wanted!  This mantra, for me, makes it easier to ignore the "shinny" things.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment